Monday, October 22, 2012

Project Two: final

Our final Make It Better product was a solidly constructed fly swatter with a comfort grip handle, a solid plastic shaft, and a smooth head. We added a metal frame that folds the head into a scoop to provide a clean fly disposal. 



The project was influential in helping me to understand the issues, difficulties, and
focus that goes into object design. What appears to be a poor design may in fact be
simply ineffectual, not designed to its potential. It is much easier to find the problems
with a design than it is to find ways of fixing the issues. Our group worked well together
in our decision making to determine what the focus of our new design should
be and everyone did their part in bring the project to a completion. Several times
during the project, I found myself unclear on what was expected of me and my group
for each classtime, a confusion shared by my group. However, I am satisfied in our
ability to overcome difficulty and determine what was expected of us.

Elisabeth Barnes

No comments:

Post a Comment